Tal-Ya trays provide a number of benefits which together create a “personal greenhouse” for each tree or plant, leading to accelerated growth and faster time to market.
Following is the list of the product’s attributes and benefits:
- The tray’s structure focuses water and fertilizer to the root, creating a savings of at least 50% in water consumption and 30% in fertilizer consumption.
- The tray does not allow sunlight through, so it prevents weeds from growing under the tray around the tree. This saves organic farmers on manpower to remove weeds, or on the cost of herbicide (and makes for healthier produce).
- The tray traps air underneath it, which provides insulation and temperature control, protecting the tree in extreme cold and hot temperatures.
- The top of the tray includes UV which reflects sunlight. This both protects the tray and reflects sunlight up into the leaves on the underside of the tree (leaves which do not usually receive sunlight), enabling photosynthesis to occur there and accelerating the growth of the tree.
- Water is constantly evaporating from the earth. The tray traps this moisture and leads it to trickle back to the root of the tree, making the earth under the tree constantly moist, ideal conditions for growth.