Tal-Ya trays provide farmers the ability to greatly increase their Return on Investment (ROI) through both increased crop yield, and savings on resources such as water, fertilizer and weed-killers.
Good for Business
Tal-Ya trays have undergone extensive trials, done by Israel’s leading agricultural researchers. The trays allow every farmer to get more from every acre, with less:
- Significantly larger yield from every tree (often over 50% more yield), proven in both extensive field trials and by farmers in the field.
- Faster time to market: trees using Tal-Ya trays begin to bring yield much faster (a season sooner than control groups in most cases).
- Protection of crops: As the trays protect the root from extreme cold and hot temperatures, fewer crops are lost, protecting the farmer’s investment.
- At least 50% reduction in the quantity of irrigation water needed (in comparison to drip irrigation; when compared to sprinkler irrigation the savings is even higher).
- At least 30% reduction in the quantity of fertilizer needed.
- The tray prevents weed growth, saving on herbicide costs. For organic farmers the savings is greater, as the trays replace cost of workers for weed control.
Good for the Environment
Tal-Ya trays are environmentally friendly, reusable for up to ten years and 100% recyclable, removing the need for disposable plastic mulch and its associated labor and pollution.
The significant reduction in the need for water, fertilizer and herbicide make for a dramatically smaller environmental footprint on every acre using Tal-Ya trays.
Reduced use of herbicide is also associated with health benefits, enabling farmers to bring less treated produce to customers.
- Avi Tamir – Founder and R&D Manager, experienced inventor and entrepreneur
- Professor Ilan Chet – President, world-renowned expert, former head of the Wiezmann Institute of Science
- Ilan Ben Meir – CTO, expert in plastic based product development, production, and management of turnkey projects
- Mickey Chesla – VP Marketing & Sales, experienced advertising and marketing professional
- Ilan Cohen –advisory board – formerly Director General of the Prime Minister’s Office
- Professor Uzi Kafkafi – advisory board – internationally recognized agriculture expert and professor of agriculture at the Hebrew University